Monday, August 15, 2011

made in maine: ktaadn

The textiles and notebooks of Ktaadn caught my eye, while I was wandering around Portland shops.  Their Scandinavia meets coastal Maine prints are right up my alley.  And when I saw the name Ktaadn and sounded it out (in my head! I'm not crazy!), I was so excited to find they are a local company!  Ktaadn is pronounced just like Katahdin - the highest mountain in Maine.


Ktaadn sells pillows, tea towels, and notebooks that they design and produce in their studio just outside Portland.  And as if that wasn't enough to make me love them, they use high-quality organic cottons, natural linen, recycled paper and environmentally-safe, water-based inks.




The designers behind Ktaadn, Olan Boardman and Rollin Leonard, moved from Brooklyn to Maine in 2010 to start their textile printing company.  And I couldn't be happier about it.  

4 comments:

  1. Thanks very much for the nice review! We'll be at Picnic this year with some new designs, a collaborative project with a bag maker, and some more inexpensive items. - Regards! Rollin

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're welcome! i am always excited about a great maine company! sadly, i wont be in town for Picnic - so bummed about that!

    ReplyDelete